- Locally you can call the local Office of Emergency Management, interim director Pat Heaster at (304) 873- 1391 or email@example.com
- Volunteer West Virginia is accepting monetary donations to support food banks. Monetary contributions should be written out and addressed to: Volunteer West Virginia Food Drive, 710 Central Ave., Charleston, W.Va. 25302
- The Red Cross needs volunteers to distribute water and ice in the Clarksburg, Parkersburg and Lewisburg areas. Contact Heather Foster at 304-539-1056 if you can help.
- A volunteer receiving center for those who want to help with Red Cross disaster relief is operational in Charleston. Please call 304-340-3650 ext. 1812.
- There is a command center open in Parkersburg to assist with shelter and feeding operations statewide.
- AmeriCorps members working with Covenant House in Charleston are looking for volunteers to assist with a Bottled Water Drive on Sunday, July 15. Volunteers are needed to help distribute cool drinks to the homeless and those in need. The members are also accepting donations of coolers, bottled water and ice until Wednesday, July 11. Donations will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm at the Covenant House Drop-In Center at 600 Shrewsbury Street in Charleston. Contact Sherra Cates at 304-344-8053 ext. 45 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Helpful Resources
- For a list of daytime cooling stations - visit the Governor's webpage at http://www.governor.wv.gov/Pages/CoolingStations.aspx.
- For updated information on storm restoration progress from FirstEnergy and Appalachian Electric Power, current outage maps, storm restoration process and tips for staying safe after a storm, go to www.firstenergycorp.com/outages or https://www.appalachianpower.com/outages/.
- Outage information is also available via the company's Twitter accounts: @MonPowerWV, @PotomacEdison, @W_Penn_Power and @OhioEdison. For a complete list of FirstEnergy's Twitter accounts, visit www.firstenergycorp.com/newsroom/social_media.